Palliative care and End of Life Care programs provided by Elant,Inc.
“To cure sometimes, to relieve often, to comfort always – This is our work.”
Offered at each of Elant’s skilled nursing campuses, Elant's Comfort Care programs offer relief from the pain, symptoms and stress of serious illness – regardless of the prognosis. Elant offers specialized and exclusive programming to those in need of palliative and end-of-life care.
Diagnosis-Related Palliative Care is not dependent on prognosis, but is aimed at those pursuing a non-aggressive treatment of a diagnosis. The goal is to relieve suffering and provide the best possible quality of life for patients and their families.
End-Of-Life Care aims to alleviate suffering when the “cure” for the underlying disease is no longer possible. We provide physical, psychological, social, and spiritual support to assist residents and families with the anticipated decline and ultimate passing of their loved ones.
A variety of resources available to meet the needs of both the Elant resident and the family members providing supportive care:
- Social Services: end-of-life issues/rights, counseling, life review, advanced directives
- Behavioral Health Services
- Medical, Nursing, and Rehabilitation Services: integrated medical care, daily pharmacy delivery, pharmacology review, family/resident education, compassionate care, therapeutic mattresses and positioning devices
- Pain Management Program
- Dietary Services: complimentary meals for spouse/guest
- Unlimited Visitations including provisional in-room overnight accommodations
- Beauty Parlor/In-Room Styling & Manicures
- Pastoral Care
- Ethical Support
- Therapeutic Activities: pet visitations, provisions for family gatherings, expansive grounds, specialized end-of-life volunteers, guided imagery.
Palliative Care is available at:
- Elant at Goshen
- Glen Arden
- Elant at Meadow Hill
- Elant at Fishkill
- Elant at Wappingers Falls
- Elant at Brandywine