Elant at Goshen’s Adult Home is looking for per diem and part time, day and evening, (16 hours a week) Resident Care Assistant’s to join our team!
The RCA is responsible for providing personal care services to the residents of the Adult Home. The RCA performs a wide range of duties specifically related to assisting residents with activities of daily living, which might include bathing and washing, dressing, serving food and collecting food trays. The RCA also helps with other tasks such as recreational and social activities. In addition, the RCA may perform administrative tasks such as answering phones and greeting visitors, and providing documentation of care and assistance.
- Must be able to speak, read, and write in English
- Must possess a valid Standard First Aid Card indicating successful completion of the course
- Understanding of the clinical, social, and emotional needs of the elderly
- Able to communicate effectively with employees, residents, caregivers, and medical and community affiliates in order to develop positive relationships.
- Focus on customer service
- Observes residents and keeps the Administrator and Case Manager informed of significant changes is resident status
- Assist residents with activities of daily living
- Serve meals, feeding as necessary; providing water/nourishment between meals
- Provide comfort to residents by utilizing available resources and materials
- Assists in the dining room throughout the resident’s meal service. Helps serve meals.
- Provides clean towels and washcloths, makes beds, and straightens resident rooms as needed.
- May be required to assist residents with bathing and dressing (buttoning buttons, zippers, stockings, shoes)
- Maintain work operations to serve and protect the facility by adhering to professional standards, agency policies and procedures, federal, state, and local guidelines
- Other duties as needed
Elant, an innovative Health Care System throughout the Hudson Valley, has grown from its single campus in Goshen twenty-six years ago to five major campuses today – an achievement unequaled by any other regional healthcare provider. Specializing in caring for the elderly, our services include: Short-term Rehabilitation Services, Home Health and Managed Long Term Care, Adult Day Health Care, Skilled Nursing, a Retirement Community & Assisted Living.
Our successful reputation was built by the efforts of our dedicated employees and is supported by Elant’s future strategies which reflect our appreciation for those who work in our organizations.
If you would like to be considered a candidate in joining our team, you must be values-based, compassionate, a patient advocate, have a high degree of accountability & initiative, an unparalleled focus on customer service, as well as a strive for excellence and definitely a sound track record of excellence prior performance.
We offer an environment of great support, continuous development and unparalleled organizational strategy & change. For immediate and confidential consideration please apply here.